Learning & Development Specialist, Human Resources – 12-month Temporary Assignment
Reporting to the Learning & Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and diagnosing training needs from across the organisation. You will be responsible for design, and implementation and evaluation of best in class practical learning solutions to enable employees to develop new skills, knowledge and capabilities.
As part of your role, you will facilitate learning sessions, find opportunities for continuous improvement of our L&D programmes and manage learning projects working effectively with both internal and external partners and subject matter experts as needed.
The responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Partnering with collaborators across the organisation to effectively diagnosing training and development needs.
- Procuring, developing and implementing learning interventions to support employee, business and organisation skills and capability gaps.
- Facilitating, coordinating, evaluating and reporting on selected programmes as part of our professional and personal development programmes and ensure accurate recording of learning data.
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practices, and methods to learning interventions.
- Propose and implement approaches to measuring learner and organisation impact of learning interventions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and learners, understanding priorities, and listening to the voice of the customer to ensure L&D programmes are effective and impactful.
- Leverage new technologies and innovative strategies to increase the efficiency and scalability of our learning processes and data.
- Assisting in the efficient operation of the L&D team.
- Supporting the implementation of a new Learning management system
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
You will have at least 3 years’ experience working within a Learning & Development or HR environment. A third level qualification in a HR or business related field is desirable. You will have excellent Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and administration skills and be comfortable accurately recording, validating and analysing data.
Flexibility and enthusiasm for new developments and work practices by striving, and encouraging others, to implement changes effectively is key. You constantly refresh knowledge about latest learning and development practices and continuously seek to develop at a personal level. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work in close collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts and partners to achieve effective and timely results.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Attention to Detail
- Problem solving & analysis
- Building & Maintaining relationships
- Customer & Quality Focus
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
on Friday 22nd Februrary 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.