Innovation Manager, Retail
About the role
Reporting to the Strategy Implementation Manager – Retail, the Innovation Manager, Retail is responsible for designing, developing and launching insight led omni-channel propositions to drive traffic and revenue through the physical Retail network & digital channel with the aim of driving increased footfall into post offices and attracting a new customer demographic.
*PLEASE NOTE: This is an evolving and developing role and will change over time.
The principal accountabilities/ responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working cross-functionally and collaboratively with the Mails & Parcels and Digital team to develop and launch a roadmap of products and propositions to optimise the ecommerce and SME categories for retail and drive new income streams - understanding and aligning priorities and dependencies.
- Working with the Strategy Implementation Manager – Retail to explore and size other opportunities in different verticals under the “4th product pillar”.
- Managing new proposition development and launches to ensure an effective build and successful launch across the physical and digital channels.
- Become the category subject matter expert - using internal and external resources to build, maintain and apply knowledge of new market entrants, key trends, regulation and potential disruptors to achieve commercial advantage and support the effective implementation of business strategy.
- Analysing & tracking identified in-life propositions, using all available data sources, against agreed KPIs. Using the output to develop a commercially robust proposition enhancement roadmap.
- Compiling and presenting proposals on new category opportunities, ensuring there is alignment with brand purpose, target segment need states and commercial viability.
- Developing and articulating new propositions, working with the relevant teams to quantify potential benefits and effort to facilitate swift decision making.
- A customer-centric mind set with 3-5 years’ experience developing and delivering insight led propositions within a large matrix organisation
- Comfortable operating in a fast paced, quick changing commercial environment
- Great communication, relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to prioritise in line with commercial demands
- Strong commercial acumen
- Results orientated
- Experience within Financial Services/ Telecoms sectors preferable but not essential
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
About the Benefits
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Influencing and Gaining Commitment
- Results Orientation
- Commercial Awareness
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please send your CV to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Friday, 31st January 2020.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.