Human Resource Manager, Mails and Parcels
An Post Mails & Parcels Business
is rapidly growing its national and international eCommerce parcels, logistics and mail marketing businesses, while delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that all Irish shippers and shoppers, including SMEs, can access goods and markets across the world.
As HR Manager you will support the HR Director Mails and Parcels achieve both operational and strategic objectives. You will engage and collaborate with the business management team, shared HR functions and other stakeholders to ensure that the business’s HR needs are achieved while also promoting a positive work environment. You will be responsible for the delivery of HR advice and support to a number of An Post subsidiaries that is consistent with Group policy and the business need.
- Working with the HR Director and Business Unit Management to understand business priorities and change agenda.
- Assessing the HR requirements, planning the provision of their service delivery and ensuring operational and specialist HR services are met, pre-empting and resolving issues impacting upon service delivery.
- Representing the M&P business and relevant An Post subsidiaries at third party hearings in the WRC and Labour Court on a range of issues at the discretion of the HR Director.
- Working with Mails & Parcels Managers and Trade Unions to ensure local and headquarters’ compliance with Industrial Relations change agreements, that objectives set out are actualised and that company achieves the business benefits.
- Providing guidance and support to Directors/Line Managers/ HR Managers about the interpretation and implementation of collective agreements, HR policies and employee legislation to ensure consistency of application across the business.
- Managing the resolution of Industrial Relations issues that arise locally to ensure minimum disruption to the business and compliance with existing regulations/ agreements/ legal requirements. Manage Grievance and Discipline matters that are appropriate to be dealt with at Headquarters level.
- Leading negotiations on non-exceptional collective agreements i.e. Christmas arrangements and elections, to ensure work is delivered on time and within budget.
- Contributing to the development of Industrial Relations strategies and tactics for the negotiation and implementation of major change programmes.
- Supporting our inclusion and diversity strategy
- Mentoring and supporting your team to ensure they are engaged, developed and strive to meet and exceed required results.
- Developing and implementing measures and monitors to ensure the appropriate management of human resource issues, including employee absence and turnover.
- Demonstrating, by your actions, your commitment to An Post values and behaviours and addressing actions that are inconsistent with our Values.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will have a minimum of 5 years’ generalist HR and Industrial Relations experience. Ideally, you will hold a degree in a relevant discipline and/or CIPD qualified.
Your passion to achieve and deliver on business goals will be supported by your ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders at all levels with both a professional and amiable approach. You can pre-empt issues and find innovative solutions to problems, achieved by your appetite of continuous improvement to deliver a best-in-class approach to all that you do.
It is essential that you have experience working in a unionised company and have a history of fostering constructive relationships with all stakeholders in a similar environment.
You will have an excellent knowledge of Employment Law and previous experience of working within organisational and State Industrial Relations machinery.
- Technical/ professional knowledge
- Problem solving & analysis
- Influencing, gaining commitment
- Decision making/judgement
Please send your CV to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm on Friday, 15th May 2020.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Market leading Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre
supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
Sustainability at our core:
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — puts Sustainability at the centre of everything we do. The five United Nations Sustainable Development Goals most relevant to the postal sector guide our strategy and every aspect of our business and behaviour:
- Decent Work
- Sustainable Cities & Communities
- Climate Action
- Innovation & Partnerships
- Responsible Consumption & Production
Diversity and Inclusion also inform the An Post strategy, continuously evolving to reflect our customers, our employees and the communities we serve.