Head of Security Services
As Head of Security you will be responsible for the An Post Group’s physical security needs to safeguard personnel, information, equipment, facilities and other company assets. You will review and assess the current security strategy and develop and implement a revised strategy identifying protection goals and objectives, ensuring these are consistent with the organisations strategic plans.
In this position you will mitigate risks of injury to staff and customers along with mitigation of theft and fraud; thereby protecting our people, customers, assets, brand and reputation. Your expertise will ensure contribution to the profitability of the Company through improved security of quality of service, and increased customer confidence.
- Minimise the potential for crime, financial loss, damage to brand and customer confidence through criminal activity and maximise recovery of lost funds where such activity has occurred.
- Develop and direct the Company’s security strategy, policy and strategic response to physical crime (burglary, robbery, theft and fraud) across the business units taking into account threats and changes in the environment in which the Company operates.
- Develop the security strategy for new and modified products and services ensuring that the product or service benefits from sound and appropriate crime risk management.
- Develop and direct a strategic approach to prevent or mitigate frauds / theft against the business. Ensure that the benefits of investigation are maximised from prevention, public justice and asset recovery perspectives whilst ensuring that judicial standards are met and complied with.
- To assess trends in internal fraud and theft, crime trends and emerging risks and ensure robust measures are in place to eliminate, mitigate and manage risks, including fraud, fraud detection and fraud investigations.
- Analyse and provide statistical crime data and specialist advice to Operational Directors / Managers; evaluate current security procedures and implement alternative pro-active strategies and policies to mitigate negative trends.
- Lead and co-ordinate the Company’s Response Management Team during any major crime situation.
- Be proactive in our response to security, anticipating security issues from external threats or changes in the external corporate strategy. Embed security with systems, procedures and processes.
- Manage the associated budget and ensure that the best value for money is achieved.
- Ensure the Security Services team provide an efficient, economic and effective service in line with the company’s resources and business needs, overseeing the deliverables to ensure high performing, engaged and developed team.
- Build up good working relationships with external Law Enforcement Bodies such as An Garda Siochana, Revenue Commissioners and other third party providers. The role liaises with the Gardaí on a regular basis in relation to suspicious activity or as follow up to confirmed criminal behaviour.
- Review procedures in place to move cash securely throughout the network in line with best practice and to manage inspections of key elements of the cash distribution network.
- Ensure secret and confidential duties required under section 110 of Postal & Telecommunications Services Act, 1983 are carried out and recorded.
- Represent An Post on the National Aviation Security dealing with security of air mail, the Universal Postal Union security group, PostEurop security group, Banking Payments Federation Ireland, Garda Technical Advisory Group.
- Liaise with Gardaí on Crime Prevention, Garda Investigations and confidential enquiries.
Knowledge & Skills:
You will have a third level qualification in a security related discipline and be a member or Fellow of the Security Institute, with 10+ years’ relevant security experience in law enforcement and / or the commercial security environment. Extensive experience in security awareness, identifying risks, systems and procedures, equipment and response management and intelligence gathering is critical. You will have experience in disciplinary processes and have a proven track record demonstrating the ability to carry out security risk assessments and know what needs to be done to address the risks identified.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Decision Making / Judgement
- Organisational & Political Awareness
- Problem Solving & Analysis
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5.00pm on Tuesday, 30th March 2021
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here