Head of Financial Services Compliance, Level 2
About the role
Reporting to the Management Board, the Head of Financial Services Compliance is responsible for the development and implementation of the Compliance Risk Management Framework, supporting compliance policies and procedures, all compliance monitoring and reporting requirements for An Post in relation to Financial Services. You will also be the primary contact point with the Regulator on all Financial Services Compliance items. As the leader of the Financial Services Compliance Team you will play a pivotal role influencing and setting standards as well as having the scope to drive and develop a team of Compliance Specialists to contribute to challenging business objectives focused on expanding An Post’s presence in Retail Financial Services.
- Responsible for deploying, maintaining and evolving a proactive compliance risk awareness and management culture which remains relevant to the prevailing business strategy and regulatory environment
- Develop and implement an effective Compliance Risk Management Framework and supporting suite of compliance policies
- Review and update the Compliance Framework and compliance policies incorporating new/amended regulatory requirements and standards
- Engage with regulators in relation to the Compliance Risk Framework, policies, new regulations and consultation papers
- Provide compliance advice and sign off for all new and amended products, supporting marketing and customer documentation
- Monitor, identify, advise and communicate impacts of key upstream (future) regulatory change
- Develop and maintain a live Compliance Obligations Universe ensuring all current and emerging compliance obligations are identified and incorporated as appropriate into compliance policies
- Oversee the development and implementation of an annual risk based Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Develop an enhanced suite of independent Compliance Management Information for reporting to Senior Management and appropriate compliance governance fora
- Act as a main point of contact with regulators, internal auditor and external auditors in completion of compliance themed reviews/investigations
- Develop and lead an effective compliance function through developing an appropriately skilled cadre of compliance staff
- Develop and provide, in consultation with HR, a Compliance Training Programme, addressing compliance obligations, Compliance Framework and related compliance policies
- Co-ordinate, operate, lead and participate in Second Line of Defence relevant Compliance Risk Governance Committees
- Build and maintain working relationships with other teams, including Legal, Risk, Operations, Technology, and Finance.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
You will have a Professional Compliance Qualification or relevant Third Level Degree, combined with a minimum of five years managing a Compliance Function, preferably in the financial services or insurance industries. You will have detailed knowledge of Retail Financial Services, Insurance and Payments Compliance Requirements along with comprehensive Risk Management experience. You will have experience working in a Three Lines of defence’ (3LOD) Risk Management model with a track record of delivering high quality compliance oversight across multiple products and entities. You will have expertise in the development, implementation and oversight of a Compliance Risk Management Framework, supporting policies and procedures coupled with proven ability in developing and applying regulatory and compliance requirements to a variety of business areas.
- Problem solving & analysis
- Influencing & gaining commitment
- Planning & organising
- Decision making / judgement
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Market leading An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Friday, 20th of December 2019.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
Our Retail Business
already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion
also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.