Head of Digital Solutions & Delivery
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
As Head of Digital Solutions and Delivery you will manage An Post’s Digital web estate, change requests and development partners in order to drive efficient delivery of the Digital roadmap.
An Post is currently on a major transformation journey. Core to this is the digital strategy, as we transition from old world to new, providing the backbone of e-commerce in Ireland, Government services and extending our range of Financial Services with the launch on An Post Money.
A dedicated Digital function has been established to create the innovative digital framework and operating model that will enable An Post to redefine existing service offerings, as well as launch new products and services to attract new customer segments.
Our digital strategy has evolved significantly as new challenges and opportunities have emerged especially in a post-Covid world. Digital is now central to driving An Post’s future, including improved omnichannel customer experience, cost reduction, operational excellence, innovation, customer insights and analytics, and new digital propositions that will deliver revenue growth.
With a wide and varied digital estate of websites, apps and portals, and ever increasing reliance on our web infrastructure to support our customers, a requirement has emerged for a digital expert to work with our internal teams and lead our external partners to deliver development change requests and technical delivery.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, as Head of Digital Solutions and Delivery, you will ensure that An Post builds and maintains the highest quality web infrastructure, delivered to the most efficient and effective standards.
- Work with the Head of Digital Transformation, other internal stakeholders and external web development partners to define & lead the Digital Delivery program.
- Be the owner of the Digital delivery scheduling and implementation planning, ensuring all digital projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the highest possible quality standards.
- Provide digital solutions to complex business requirements, simplifying where possible, and utilise existing technical infrastructure.
- Define and implement the site management operating model, liaising with multiple external delivery partners and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure technology solutions are digitally driven, flexible, efficient and effective. Challenge estimates to ensure projects are delivered in the most efficient way possible.
- Ensure the digital technology development model meets the digital and omnichannel strategy, closely aligned to commercial and quality requirements.
- Develop an operating model that meets business needs for speed to market, agility and flexibility while ensuring reliability and availability. Establish, monitor and enhance the operating model with vendors using an agreed set of performance management SLA’s ensuring it is effective, efficient and user-centric.
- Management of all operational and development processes, ensuring An Post’s needs are met through all engagements.
- Quality control processes and carry out regular audits to ensure adherence to content style guide & standards, site accuracy, comprehensiveness and usability as well as resolution of issues identified.
- Identify and prioritise the capability improvements that will transform our digital performance and achieve our strategic and business objectives, highlighting new opportunities and potential partners to improve required capability.
- Be the main point of Digital technical contact between GTS, external digital partners and internal Digital stakeholders.
- Work with other internal stakeholders and subsidiaries to ensure the most effective use of digital technology across the Group.
- Ensure An Post always gets the best quality delivery and optimal efficiency from third party vendors.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have 10+ years relevant work experience in digital development, delivery and/or partner management, with a third level qualification in Digital/Ecommerce/IT or data related discipline. Having an in-depth understanding of web architecture, web development principles, information architecture and web technologies are critical requirements for success in this role. You will also have a robust knowledge of the digital partner market and emerging capabilities. You are solutions orientated and have a proven track record of delivering success and tangible results.
You have excellent analytical and reporting skills, with proven ability to collate and distil these into key trends to inform future business decisions, delivering this information in a meaningful way relative to the respective audiences. These skills are reflected by your ability to communicate, both written and verbally, engaging and influencing executive and management teams.
Ideally you will have experience implementing and managing teams using Agile and Scrum methodology and a Project Management qualification.
The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:
About the Benefits
Problem Solving & Analysis
Technical & Professional Knowledge
Building & Maintaining Relationships
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 02 February, 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. We are happy to facilitate requests for reasonable accommodations to assist candidates in fully engaging with our recruitment processes. Simply contact us via the email above or call us at 01 705 8329. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
More about Us
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!