Head of Customer Data & Analytics
1 Year Fixed Term Contract
About the Role
An Post is undergoing a major transformation. A critical element to this is the focus on Customer insights and interactions as we transition to a new digital age, providing the backbone of eCommerce in Ireland, Government services and extending our range of Financial Services with the launch on An Post Money.
To complement the transformation strategy, a new advanced Customer Data Analytics function is required to interpret and analyse data to inform our decision making and enhance our customer experiences using the latest data science technologies and processes, within the framework of structured data governance and compliance protocols.
As Head of Customer Data and Analytics you will drive the implementation of the customer data science strategy, define the future data roadmap and execute the transformation program. You will manage the Customer Data Analytics framework for the business that creates, governs, consolidates and analyses all elements of the Customer Data Warehouse and marketing CRM platform.
This role is a key strategic position within the An Post organisation, and will interface with all areas of the business from Operations, Commercial, Group Technology, Risk and Marketing Communications and numerous other areas within the group where customer data is collected. You will shape, influence and deliver the Customer Data strategy & roadmap so that it consistently meets the needs of the organisation, creating best in class Customer Data analytics and CRM capability that supports An Post ambitions to grow.
- Work with all stakeholders to develop an overall vision for delivering business value from Customer Data
- Lead the organisation in building the customer data and analytics plans and structures for the various customer data projects; introducing, implementing and testing new technologies; structuring the data teams and their interaction with the wider business
- Design the customer analytics and big data vision for An Post, documenting and interpreting the underlying business needs and laying out the next relevant milestones and rollout plans
- Constantly improving communication of the data & analysis team with the other parts of the business that are key partners such as Group Technology, Internal Audit/Risk and Data Protection Office etc
- Fluently explaining and communicating the different data and analytical projects to a multidisciplinary team internally as well as to external stakeholders
- Implement strategic projects at pace and if necessary liaise with outside resources/consultants to tackle and accelerate solutions, building collaborations with third parties where necessary
- Implementing new ideas and improvements, and swiftly identify and remove those that fail to deliver
- Manage the holistic Customer Data roadmap, from concept to design, development and implementation
- Adopt appropriate data ownership or data stewardship roles in our customer identity and customer data warehouse solutions.
- Guide and advise on data governance ensuring adherence to the highest standards of data management compliance and protocols
Knowledge & Experience:
You will have 10+ years in-depth data analytics experience with a third level degree in Business/ IT or related subject area as well as a proven track record of leading large customer data programs. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of consumer financial services. You are adept at utilising statistical analysis and modelling tools such as SAS, SPSS, R or similar packages and data manipulation languages such as SQL. You are also proficient using data visualization software such as Oracle (ideally), tableau, Qlikview and CX & UX processes. Your experience to date should encompass a blend of commercial, customer experience & technical skills.
Joining this team of passionate digital professionals, you will have demonstrable leadership qualities as well as the vision & change management skills necessary to continue to cultivate the digital vision within An Post along with the special ability to create a highly motivating and performance driven atmosphere across all digital proposition touch points.
If you are a Data Analytics thought leader who is both creative and can deliver quick to market solutions, then this is the role for you.
The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 02 February, 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. We are happy to facilitate requests for reasonable accommodations to assist candidates in fully engaging with our recruitment processes. Simply contact us via the email above or call us at 01 705 8329. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
More about Us
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!