HR Transformation Change Manager
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
About the Role
An Post has undergone a significant transformation over the last number of years, taking bold strategic moves to ensure we continue to deliver as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
Reporting to the HR Transformation Programme Director and the Chief People Officer, this fixed term role will support the transformation of the HR function and the implementation of the new HR Management System. You will work with the HR Programme Director to drive the detailed design and implementation of the HR operating model, redefining processes and ways of working within the function with a view to supporting the achievement of the HR vision.
The responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with subject matter experts and other stakeholders to deliver transformation priorities and work towards the realisation of the HR vision and Programme objectives.
- Developing / rebalancing and implementing a best-in-class operating model (people, processes, technology) for the HR function in accordance with design principles.
- Understanding ambitions to deliver excellent internal customer experience and employee experience journeys; including these as a key consideration in the operating model design.
- Working with functional subject matter experts to understand and document “As Is” processes and business imperatives and compare to best practice processes (in line with new system blueprint).
- Working with SMEs to design and document “To Be” processes in alignment with HR design principles and challenging the business to embrace change.
- Capturing business requirements / user stories where required.
- Identifying “As Is” team structures and roles and defining the “To Be” based on requirements and best practice.
- Working with project teams to understand current ways of working, and defining and implementing new ways of working.
- Leading the HR User Acceptance Test Team and delivering daily reports to the Programme Director.
- Working with the training team to deliver training to the HR teams, Employees and Managers and assisting with the creation of training materials.
- Working with internal customers to define and implement service-level agreements and key performance indicators.
- Coaching and mentoring HR and project team members, transferring skills where appropriate.
- Contributing to, preparing for, and taking part in union engagement.
- Creating plans and reporting on progress.
- Ensuring adherence to the An Post governance requirements.
- Advocating and actively demonstrating An Post core values and behaviours.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideally in change or business transformation, in a HR environment or combined with a HR background. You are passionate about and experienced in transforming organisations and supporting efficiency and effectiveness. A robust understanding of organisation design is critical, combined with experience implementing change initiatives and managing stakeholders at all levels.
You will have experience implementing complex technologies, embedding high performing team methodology or other approaches to improve ways of working. Experience of lean methodology and management consulting are an advantage but not essential. You are adept at process analysis and design, with strong data and analytical skills, turning qualitative and quantitative information into useful and actionable insights.
The ability to communicate effectively, presenting complex details, concepts and information at the appropriate level relative to the audience is essential.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Change Management
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Project Management
- Problem Solving & Analysis
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on 29th April, 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
More about Us
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here