HR Manager, Western Region
Reporting to the HR Director, Business Partnering - An Post Commerce, the HR Manager, Western Region will be responsible for ensuring the effective and timely provision of core HR services to employees and line management across the western region of Ireland, effectively maintaining relationships with management and union stakeholders for these areas.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the provision of appropriate resource planning for the western region, advising line managers on the application of the Resource Control and policies, and ensuring compliance with these policies in the areas concerned.
- Monitoring staff levels to ensure adherence to the organisation baseline and to ensure that local managers meet staff budgets and compliance with HR resourcing procedures.
- Supporting line managers in the implementation of ongoing change and of change agreements with recognised Unions and dealing with all local Industrial Relations issues arising.
- Guiding, supporting and training line managers on the application of Employee Relations processes (Grievance, Discipline, Dignity at Work) and leading on any particular case as required.
- Ensuring the correct and timely application of the Attendance Support and Management Process (ASMP) and associated absence management processes to support business outcomes; providing support to line managers when necessary to ensure these processes are appropriately applied and reviews are completed.
- Ensuring the delivery and recording of mandatory/statutory training (health & safety, induction) for all staff in the region to comply with An Post and legislative requirements to fulfil their operational roles and responsibilities.
- Identifying training needs and development opportunities for front line managers and working in collaboration with Operations to ensure the provision and delivery of such training.
- Creating and instilling a positive culture of collaboration, communication and creativity within the team and working closely with operations on culture initiatives to drive change and enhance business performance.
- Developing and implementing any changes necessary to ensure the effective management of the HR Regional team, ensuring all appropriate tasks are allocated and completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrating An Post Values and “Shaping Our World” behaviours in your day to day work and addressing behaviour that supports/conflicts with them.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have significant experience in the delivery of HR services in a complex organisation. You will have good knowledge of HR practices and procedures and ideally be educated to degree level in Human Resource Management or to CIPD standard. You will have a strong knowledge of employment and industrial relations legislation with knowledge of mails and parcels or logistics operations being a distinct advantage.
The ability to maintain complete confidentiality, excellent communication skills and to engage and influence at all levels in the organisation are key. You are a change champion who thrives on identifying solutions and opportunities within a business. You’ll be strategic as well as tactical, providing “hands on support” where appropriate. An effective negotiator, you are adept at building and maintaining excellent relationships across multiple business functions and have the ability to balance multiple competing priorities.
A full, clean driving licence is required.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Results Orientation
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Decision Making & Judgement
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5.30pm on 24th March 2022
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here