HR Business Partner- Corporate -An Post HR- Level 3
Reporting to the Director HR Business Partnering: Retail and Corporate, the HR Business Partner – Corporate will be a trusted, strategic advisor to the business, who understands the business strategy and translates business needs into talent priorities. You will collaborate with Centres of Excellence (CoE’s) on talent management and organisation development activities and leverage HR Operations to meet the needs of employees and deliver a best in class employee experience.
The principal responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Establish trusted, credible relationships with the Corporate Centre business to support them to achieve their business objectives.
- Support and champion the HR Transformation journey, both through the implementation of the Oracle HR Management System and the HR change agenda.
- Lead, manage and develop the HR Corporate team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and service excellence.
- Partnering with the business on Strategic Workforce Planning to support resourcing for the Corporate Centre.
- Provide expert advice and represent the Corporate centre and designated subsidiary companies at appropriate third party hearings together with the Employee Relations team.
- Support recruitment in the Corporate Centre by joining interview panels and partnering with hiring managers to align job specification, sizing and reward for roles.
- Act as a point of contact to the An Post Group of Unions, developing and maintaining positive relationship with representatives.
- Provide expert advice to Line Management/HR Managers about the interpretation and implementation of negotiated agreements, HR policies and employee legislation to ensure consistency of application across the Corporate centre.
- Manage and support Grievance and Discipline matters in accordance with agreed policies and procedures.
- Oversee policy and process implementation in the business.
- Participate and support in other HR-related activities (JCC sub-committees, HR programmes) as required from time to time.
- Collaborate with CoE’s on An Post’s talent management and organisation development strategies including Diversity and Inclusion, Learning and Development, Culture and change.
- Demonstrate An Post values and behaviours in your day to day work and address behaviour that supports/ conflicts with them.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ generalist HR/ Industrial Relations experience and will be familiar with working in a HR Business Partner capacity. You will ideally be educated to degree level and/or be CIPD qualified. A proven self-starter, you have the capacity to translate strategic business needs into practical service delivery requirements from a HR perspective. You have a record of building and maintaining effective working relationships within a commercial business environment as a basis for achieving successful HR outcomes that serve business needs.
Strong communications skills, negotiation and influencing skills are critical. Excellent knowledge of Employment Law is also required along with experience of working within Organisational and State Industrial Relations framework.
As a strong leader, you are a champion of creating a vision to deliver change through an empowered team.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Commercial Acumen
- Results Orientation
- Organisational and Political Awareness
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to Talent@anpost.ie t by Thursday 22nd of February 2024.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
About An Post
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org