Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Manager
An Post GTS- 15 Month temporary assignment
About the Role
An Post currently use GIS Systems/Technology to support its day to day operations, particularly for planning and logistics. We have deployed ArcGIS technology and maintain a number of critical sets of GIS data including data supporting our logistics operations. The GIS team use An Posts spatially-enabled Central Address dataset (CAD) combined with digital mapping, statistics and GIS technology to provide a range of services including operational planning, network optimisation and asset management.
Working alongside business and technical colleagues, you will maintain and run our ArcGIS environment and provide GIS management, applications analysis and data services to projects and business areas in An Post including some services to support the GeoDirectory product.
• Management of ArcGIS Technical environments and data provision
• Management of digital mapping and data licensing/contracts ensuring availability for projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required
• Maintenance of boundaries, road data sets and other GIS repositories
• Work with/lead GIS Technician resources ensuring capacity for forecast workloads
• Ensure expertise to meet project requirements is maintained
• Engage business and technology areas to advise on how best to meet GIS requirements
• Hands on delivery of GIS services/technology
• Work alongside teams supporting our Central Address Database, Business Intelligence and GeoDirectory systems.
The ideal candidate will have a Degree (BSc) qualification in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or an equivalent qualification that has GIS as a significant module within it. Ideally, you will have 5 years’ satisfactory relevant experience in GIS management with a consistent track record in the management and application of GIS solutions. A detailed understanding of the ArcGIS platform; ArcGIS desktop, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online is required and ideally general systems integration experience working with Oracle database technologies/systems.
You must also demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following areas:
• ArcGIS platform upgrades
• Spatial databases and database management
• Data extraction, conversion, cleaning and analysis
• Map design and production
• The creation, maintenance and interrogation of spatial datasets
• Knowledge of data quality issues, standards and metadata
• GeoDirectory dataset
• IT and graphical analysis/presentation skills
Excellent problem solving and analysis skills, communication skills and the ability to explain complex GIS technical concepts to non-technical users is key in this position. You will be an effective decision maker, results-focused, able to work on own initiative and also a great team mate with demonstrable ability to lead and empower a team.
• Technical / Professional Knowledge
• Problem Solving and Analysis
• Planning and organising
• Customer and quality focused
• Decision making/judgement
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on 19th September 2021.
About An Post
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy. Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here.