General Audit Manager - Temporary Contract
(Maternity Leave Cover)
Internal Audit plays a crucial role in supporting An Posts’ drive for change and continuous improvement in response to an increasingly dynamic, complex external business environment. The General Audit Manager reports to the Deputy Head of Internal Audit and will operate as a business partner in a diverse environment. They will employ innovative auditing techniques to provide business leaders and their teams with proactive assurance on core business processes and risks, anticipating and advising on the mitigation of future risks that could affect the achievement of business goals.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting audit assignments from initiation to completion including ‘in flight’ project audits and continuous auditing in line with the Internal Audit Plan and International Internal Auditing Standards;
- Developing and building an effective partnership relationship with business management to raise awareness of leading practice in respect to governance, internal control and risk management;
- Selecting and using appropriate and best in class research, business intelligence, analytics and problem solving techniques to analyse and solve complex problems and support decision making;
- Preparing timely and impactful professional reports and proposing recommendations that deal with root cause issues and provide the business insights that drive improvement and innovation;
- Assisting in the development and successful execution of a comprehensive risk based annual audit plan;
- Exemplifying audit quality and the continuous improvement of internal audit activities by keeping up to date with developments in practice and supporting the Internal Audit Quality Assurance Improvement Programme (QAIP)
- Working with line management to update the status of previous internal and external audit findings on a quarterly basis, the timely auditing of resolved issues and engagement with the follow-up audit reporting process;
- Supporting the creation of a learning environment by providing coaching and support to other team members as well as receiving same to continuously maintain team efficiency.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have at least 6 years’ experience working in audit, ideally with at least 2 years’ internal audit or risk management experience and a clear understanding of the business environment in which you undertake assignments. Experience providing assurance around large/IT change projects and/or logistics/distribution sector is desirable. A professional accountancy qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA) or a CMIIA qualification, as well as full membership of a recognised professional accountancy body or the IIA is required.
A strong, broad knowledge of corporate structures and processes with experience in providing best in class project management (e.g. using APM or six sigma) is also required. An IT audit qualification is desirable and excellent IT skills and knowledge of disruptive technologies with experience of using data analytics and visualisation tools in an audit context are key. You will be a great team player with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and adapt to varied decision making scenarios.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Building & Maintaining Relationships
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Results Orientation
- Decision Making & Judgement
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Friday, 20th August 2021.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!