GTS Senior Network Architect
An Post is currently evolving our core network, expanding our ICT portfolio, and strengthening our services across Voice, Data & IoT. With the introduction of our new Network core, customisation of the core network will become much more central to our service offerings in An Post.
Reporting initially to the Director of IT Services, GTS, the Senior Network Architect will work in a cross functional team and will be responsible for the strategy, architecture & design in the Voice/Data/IoT domain, driving agile and effective ways of working with the ability to interface with the rest of the organisation in a simple and efficient manner. This will be coupled with innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
A key success factor of this will be the strategic direction provided by the Network Solutions team in terms of the overall network architecture and feature roadmap, ensuring fast time to market and an efficient operating model for the introduction of Voice, Video & Data Services, in addition to the on-boarding of new technologies & solutions in line with our business requirements (e.g. SDWAN, MTC).
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, researching, evaluating, designing, and developing network systems by applying engineering, hardware and software design theories and principles to develop a compatible system infrastructure in line with organisation strategies.
- Collaborating with IT leadership and internal teams to develop network, systems and security solutions, creating technically feasible solutions that are appropriate to customer requirements. This includes working with internal team members to review designs and determine project timelines and scheduling.
- Producing clearly written technical deliverables for both internal and external stakeholders including design diagrams and planning guides.
- Developing and evaluating system/network performance criteria and measurement methods.
- Proposing and implementing system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
- Understanding network architectures, topologies, and networking services and protocols (e.g. BGP, MPLS, TCP/IP, IPSec, VLANs, VPNs).
- Providing input into the Networks Capex and Opex budget as part of roadmap management for purposes of portfolio planning.
- Guiding the activities of network engineers and associated team members for network discovery, diagrams, toolset recommendations, and physical/logical architectures.
- Creating complex design artefacts including network layouts and logical/physical designs.
- Ensuring proper documentation for all projects including design, procedures and lessons learned as well as maintaining and updating existing documentation.
- Implementing organisational and operational change in an effective manner.
- Participating in the implementation of the service delivery strategy including associated governance, supervision and direction setting.
- Working across the GTS Service Delivery Management to reduce, reuse and control technology deployments related to change, transformation & life cycle management.
- Providing active involvement and driving vendor selection processes for Network requirements where applicable via RFI/RFQ/FRP.
- Performing other duties assigned as may be reasonably required from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have 10 years’ experience in Information Technology with a focus on technology deployment, support and design across multiple technology areas. You will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or have equivalent work experience within an IT function. A relevant Industry recognised Professional or Expert level certification is desirable.
You will have proven experience of network design, implementation and support in large Enterprise Data Centre network and WAN environments, and expert level knowledge and demonstrated hands-on experience with networking protocols including TCP/IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC VPN, L2TPv3, DMVPN, QoS, MPLS, VxLAN, VRF. You have experience with Cloud integrations including Azure and Oracle; Firewall technologies and vendors including Checkpoint and Cisco. Experience with application delivery and Load Balancing technologies will be a distinct advantage. You will have a strong understanding of system, security and network engineering best practices and industry standards and trends as well as a demonstrated familiarity of industry regulatory frameworks and standards including GDPR, ISO 27001 and PCI DSS.
You will have broad experience and understanding across IT service delivery and management including programme, project, transformation/change, operations, data protection, IT security, IT policy and process. You will have experience of IT contracts, IT review processes and lifecycles, IT delivery methods, approaches and quality assurance, IT operation standards and continuous improvement.
You are a natural problem solver and an excellent team player with the ability to effectively influence and lead a team. You are a self-starter with exceptional verbal and written communication and facilitation skills. Flexible and open to changing priorities, you are adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames and making clear, concise and data-backed decisions with a willingness to embrace emerging technologies. You take care to keep up to date on existing industry practices, emerging technologies and approaches and understand that customer service comes above all else.
(The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving &Analysis
- Decision Making/Judgement
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on 01st February 2022.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as an enduring, profitable business in the digital world.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy and progress here today!