First Line Transaction Monitoring Officer, Retail
About the role
Reporting to the First Line Transaction Monitoring Executive the First Line Transaction Monitoring Officer will be responsible for supporting the prevention, detection and investigation of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) issues whilst taking into consideration all Compliance and Operational Risks. The remit includes, but is not limited to, Current Accounts, Payments, FX Card, FX Cash, and State Savings.
The principal accountabilities/ responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Successfully detect and investigate AML/ CFT issues.
- Analysing patterns based on the results of the monitoring and screening processes in order to gain a better insight into the risk profile of the An Post customer base.
- Providing consistent detailed documented rationales for decisioning alerts aligned with the AML/CFT Policy and Procedures and optimising transaction monitoring and scenario based detection rules to address key identified emerging risks.
- Completing a review of potential Suspicious Transactions emanating from Post Offices, other An Post channels, and through Transaction Monitoring.
- Documenting findings clearly on all potential Suspicious Transactions investigated setting out a clear rationale for recommending to the First Line Assurance Executive in each instance whether to close the case or escalate the findings to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer.
- Responding to additional information requests from the Money Laundering Officer in relation to Suspicious Transactions and interacting with the An Post Investigations Department in relation to all actual and potential fraudulent activity.
- Providing detailed Management Information, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to Senior Management at a minimum on a monthly basis.
You will have experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years with an understanding of Anti Money Laundering / Countering the Financing of Terrorism due diligence requirements. Preferably you will have a relevant compliance qualification or equivalent professional training. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
About the Benefits
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Friday, 7th August 2020.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.