First Line Transaction Monitoring Executive , Retail
Reporting to the First Line Assurance Manager the First Line Transaction Monitoring Executive will be responsible for supporting the prevention, detection and investigation of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) issues whilst taking into consideration all Compliance and Operational Risks. The remit includes, but is not limited to, Current Accounts, Payments, FX Card, FX Cash, and State Savings
Key responsibilities/accountabilities include:
- Managing the activity of the Transaction Monitoring Team to successfully detect and investigate AML/ CFT issues
- Analysing patterns based on the results of the monitoring and screening processes in order to gain a better insight into the risk profile of the An Post customer base
- Providing consistent detailed documented rationales for decisioning alerts aligned with the AML/CFT Policy and Procedures and optimising transaction monitoring and scenario based detection rules to address key identified emerging risks
- Conducting investigative research on a risk based basis of all irregularities identified across the full universe of transactions
- Completing a detailed review of potential Suspicious Transactions emanating from Post Offices, other An Post channels, and through Transaction Monitoring
- Documenting findings clearly on all potential Suspicious Transactions investigated setting out a clear rationale for recommending to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer in each instance whether to close the case or escalate the findings to the regulatory authorities
- Compiling Suspicious Transaction Reports and reporting same to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer to a standard that can be reported to the appropriate regulatory authorities, providing all required supporting information
- Responding to additional information requirements from the Money Laundering Officer in relation to Suspicious Transactions and interacting with the An Post Investigations Department in relation to all actual and potential fraudulent activity
- Enhancing on an ongoing basis the procedures and guidelines for the Transactions Monitoring operations including the documenting of all procedural/guidance changes
- Providing detailed Management Information, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to Senior Management at a minimum on a monthly basis.
You will have experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years with a comprehensive understanding of Anti Money Laundering / Countering the Financing of Terrorism due diligence requirements. Preferably you will have a relevant qualification in business, accounting, finance or risk management.
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 13th May 2020.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Market leading Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre
supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.
Sustainability at our core:
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — puts Sustainability at the centre of everything we do. The five United Nations Sustainable Development Goals most relevant to the postal sector guide our strategy and every aspect of our business and behaviour:
- Decent Work
- Sustainable Cities & Communities
- Climate Action
- Innovation & Partnerships
- Responsible Consumption & Production
Diversity and Inclusion also inform the An Post strategy, continuously evolving to reflect our customers, our employees and the communities we serve.