Front Line of Defence Assurance Manager, An Post Retail
About the Role
Reporting to the Financial Services Director, the FLOD Assurance Manager is a key role within the business that will be responsible for the implementation and oversight of appropriate risk management frameworks and controls to ensure adherence to group risk and compliance policies. With increasing regulatory requirements and expectations, this key role will be part of the senior financial services team ensuring that Financial Services matters within An Post comply with appropriate policies and procedures, industry risk management practices, and regulatory requirements in respect of risk and compliance.
The successful candidate will manage a team and be responsible for devising and executing an assurance program over activities undertaken in the business, devising effective controls and overseeing day to day activities within the AML team. You will be involved in a wide variety of initiatives and projects, including the development of new products and services.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that there are clear policies, procedures and controls in place covering all risks, including operational and compliance risks.
- Embedding Anti Money Laundering (AML) and other compliance policies, providing coaching and creating a strong, positive culture in the FLOD AML Team and the FLOD Monitoring and Compliance Team to ensure the ways of working are structured for success.
- Oversight and management of the day to day activities performed by the AML Team across Screening, Customer Due Diligence and Transaction Monitoring.
- Maintaining the Compliance Risk Register and monitoring the action plans to address any deficiencies identified.
- Coordinating with different department managers as appropriate on compliance matters.
- Providing quality assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Services control environment through the implementation of an assurance program that is flexible, adaptable and effective.
- Reporting on compliance activities, including Monitoring & Assurance and Compliance Risk and Control.
- Monitoring emerging trends relating to risk events, KRI’s or breaches of risk appetite and working collaboratively with First Line colleagues to ensure that risk management processes and controls are updated to address all changed requirements.
- Ensuring that the Risk and Control Assessment Reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
- Liaising on an ongoing basis with the Head of FS Compliance and this team, who will operate as a second line of defence, on issues related to the effective management of risk and compliance.
- Supporting the Financial Services operations management in interactions with risk, compliance, internal and external auditors, in addition to reviewing and implementing all audit recommendations.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have a professional compliance qualification or relevant third level degree with at least 5 years’ recent, proven experience in a similar Financial Services Risk Management role, preferably in the financial services or insurance industries. You will have experience and knowledge of AML industry practise and control, ideally banking. You will be highly experienced in delivering change programmes with the ability to think strategically in developing solutions and a track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality.
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively, presenting complex details, concepts and information at the appropriate level relative to the audience is key. You will have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and adapt to varied decision making scenarios. You are adept at building and maintaining excellent relationships across multiple business functions. You will also be a team player who can lead and develop their team to be excellent risk professionals.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
About the Benefits
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Results Orientation
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Friday, 11th September 2020.
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post Retail
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy. Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person. We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here