First Line Customer Due Diligence Officer, Retail
About the role
Reporting to the First Line Customer Due Diligence Executive the First Line Customer Due Diligence Officer will be responsible for reviewing the customer account opening documentation in line with Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering of Financing of Terrorism policy and procedures documentation requirements, whilst taking into consideration all Compliance and Operational Risks.
The principal accountabilities/ responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Successfully completing ongoing assurance testing of customer account opening documentation.
- Completing customer risk assessments and enhanced due diligence reviews, for both customer groupings/ segments and individual accounts as required.
- Acting as a point of reference and providing advice to customer facing staff for all queries related to the opening of customer accounts.
- Coordinating the freezing of funds and transactions on Financial Sanction listings and reporting all Financial Sanction matches to the Money Laundering reporting officer for onward submission to the relevant competent authority.
- Ensuring all Customer Due Diligence procedures are followed and that there is a consistent quality in terms data entry and supporting customer documentation.
- Engaging on a regular basis with Third Party Service providers to ensure all Customer Due Diligence activities are performed in line with the agreed Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensuring all checks and AML/ CFT Customer Due Diligence and enhanced due diligence decisions and documentation are logged and tracked at every stage of the process in a proficient manner.
- Providing detailed Management Information, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to the First Line Assurance Manager on a monthly basis including information on PEPs and High Risk rated customers.
You will have experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2-3 years with an understanding of Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) legislation and requirements. Preferably you will have a relevant compliance qualification or equivalent professional training. In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven ability to work to challenging timelines.
- The ability to understand and explain process requirements and communicate this information clearly and concisely.
- Experience of enforcing compliance with strict guidelines.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Friday, 7th August 2020.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.