First Line Assurance Officer, Retail
About the role
Reporting to the First Line Assurance Executive the First Line Assurance Officer will be responsible for completing ongoing risk based assurance testing and providing assurance to the First Line Assurance Manager and the Financial Services Director that all controls are operating effectively and efficiently. You will also be responsible for providing support to the Product Managers in the identification, assessment and monitoring of all product risks and identifying and implementing enhancements to Procedures and Controls to mitigate identified Risks.
The principal accountabilities/ responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Successfully completing ongoing risk based assurance testing and provide risk support to Product Managers
- Supporting the Business in the identification and assessment of Compliance Risks and Operational Risks.
- Maintaining the Compliance and Operational Risk Register across the full ambit of Financial Services Products.
- Completing Assurance Testing activities to agreed timelines to provide assurance to First Line Assurance Manager and the Financial Services Director.
- Reporting on the results of Assurance Testing activities to First Line Assurance Manager and the Financial Services Director and contributing to the enhancement of the relevant business controls based on the results.
- Contributing to the development of a risk based Assurance Testing Programme and complete independent Risk Based Assurance Testing in respect of:
- The Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) processes, at account opening across all Financial Services products:
- The AML/CFT Transactions Monitoring processes
- The Financial Sanctions Screening process
- The Suspicious Transactions Reporting process
- Supporting the First Line Assurance Manager in co-ordinating the completion of the annual Business Risk Assessment.
- Completing Assurance Testing of compliance with the documented New Product Policy and Procedures requirements on a regular basis.
- Reviewing, on a regular basis, compliance with the Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) of key Outsource Partners
- Assisting the Business in identifying and implementing enhanced Procedures and Controls to manage and mitigate the key identified Compliance and Operational Risks
- Providing detailed Management Information, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), to First Line Assurance Manager on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring risk management activities to inform/identify the priorities for assurance testing.
- Evaluating the outputs of Second Line of Defence (SLOD) Assurance activities and Third Line of Defence (TLOD) Audit activities.
- Supporting the business to implement appropriate changes in Procedures and Controls following SLOD Assurance and TLOD Audit recommendations.
You will have experience working in a similar role (e.g. Assurance, Audit or Compliance) for a minimum of 2-3 years. Preferably you will have a relevant qualification in business, accounting, finance or risk management. You will also have strong quantitative, problem solving and analytical skills and strong risk awareness with experience in enforcing compliance with policies and procedures.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please send your CV to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Friday, 7th August 2020.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.