Financial Services Risk Manager
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
Our Retail Business
already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. https://www.anpost.com/About/Our-Strategy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion
also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Financial Services Director, the Financial Services Risk Manager is responsible for the implementation of risk frameworks and policies across the First Line of Defence in line with increasing regulatory expectations and requirements. The successful candidate will assist in ensuring that Financial Services complies with appropriate policies and procedures, industry best risk management practices, and regulatory requirements in respect of risk. The Risk Manager will be involved in a wide variety of initiatives and projects, including the development of new products and services.
- Ensuring there are clear policies, procedures and controls in place covering all risks, including operational and compliance risks.
- Providing independent quality assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Services control environment through the implementation of an assurance program that is flexible, adaptable and effective.
- Monitoring emerging trends relating to risk events, KRI’s or breaches of risk appetite and working collaboratively with First Line colleagues to ensure that risk management processes and controls are updated to address all changed requirements.
- Ensure that the risk and control assessment reporting process (including reporting to senior management) is well defined and effective.
- Liaising on an ongoing basis with the Retail Compliance Manager and his team, who will operate as a second line of defence, on issues related to the effective management of risk and compliance within the line in the Financial Services area
- Support the Financial Services operations management in interactions with, risk, compliance, internal and external auditors, in addition to reviewing and implementing all audit recommendations.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- You will have a professional qualification or relevant third level degree in Business, Finance or other quantitative discipline and relevant professional certifications e.g. Risk, Compliance, Data Protection
- You must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the area of financial services risk management
- You will have strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines and be a team player with the ability to lead a team
- You will be a self-starter with the ability to take a strategic or operational perspective in developing solutions
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact across all areas of the organisation and at all levels, and the ability to maintain clear lines of communication and work effectively with First Line colleagues in the management and delivery of risk and control assessments.
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Results Focused
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Technical/Professional Knowledge
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive no later than 5.00pm on Monday 13th January 2020.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services