Financial Services Marketing Manager
About the role
Reporting to the Marketing and Customer Experience Director, the Financial Services Marketing Manager will be responsible for marketing activity for financial service products provided under the An Post Money brand (currently including credit cards, loans, foreign exchange and expanding to include products such as SME lending and a Youth Account in 2020).
The Retail Marketing team within An Post is responsible for the development and implementation of strategically driven marketing plans that drive recruitment and retention of An Post customers. We achieve this by working closely with our colleagues in the Product team, Brand team and support services. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent commercial acumen, great people and leadership skills, and a tenacity to achieve business goals while always putting the customer first.
- Product marketing planning and strategy development with ongoing measurement against key business objectives that when implemented maximise product potential and deliver on sales and profit targets
- Work with Brand and Commercial teams to direct and facilitate the optimisation of Marketing Communications for Financial Services products through the development of creative and media briefs for the central Brand function
- Work with the Brand function develop, implement and evaluate integrated ATL, BTL and social media campaigns across Financial Services products for which they have responsibility from a marketing perspective
- Working closely with our internal Digital Marketing and CLM team, you will develop to drive the social media and digital marketing activity for the Financial Services suite of products – establishing an always on conversation with our customer base.
- Work collaboratively with the Retail business to support the development and roll out of new Financial Service products and initiatives as required
- Leverage customer research and feedback to optimise sales opportunities, working towards a future channel fluid customer experience
- Contribute to new product development processes and identify new opportunities across customer acquisition, retention, cross-sales and up-sales
- Regularly review marketing performance and processes against business objectives and KPIs to ensure optimal performance and to drive continuous learnings and growth
- Continually monitor key markets against KPIs, recommending interventions as appropriate
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders to provide marketing support and PR responsive to customer needs and market opportunities
- Review, streamline and maintain the An Post Retail POS and collateral. Monitor and manage budgets – identifying and implementing cost savings where appropriate.
- Oversee the deliverables of the team to ensure a high performing, engaged and developed staff who deliver the required results
- Demonstrate An Post Values and behaviours in your day to day work and address behaviour that supports/ conflicts with them.
To be a great fit for our team, we are looking for a digitally savvy marketer that has end to end campaign delivery experience in a fast paced environment. You will need to be a self-starter that thrives in a can-do environment, and is eager to grow and progress your career.
- Minimum of 7 years marketing experience within a Financial Services marketing function
- Experience of dealing with Financial Service compliance functions and regulatory guidelines
- Experience of working in a complex organisation leading the delivery of impactful brand and direct response marketing campaigns.
- Experience with innovative traditional and non-traditional media plans, digital marketing, social media, direct response marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen – you should be comfortable breaking down sales performance.
- Ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders and externally with service partners and marketing agencies
- Primary degree and/or Post Grad in a Business / Marketing / Digital / PR discipline is essential.
- Strong ability to multitask and well organised with the ability to work to short deadlines, whilst delivering a strong attention to detail mind-set.
- A comprehensive knowledge of An Post Financial Services product portfolio and the markets in which they operate is essential.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Commercial Awareness
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Results Orientation
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Friday, 17 January 2020.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.