Finance Manager Mails & Parcels, Dublin & General – Level 3
About the role
To provide a value added service to the Finance Director – Mails & Parcels and Dublin Area Operations Manager, which measures and promotes financial and quality performance, assures the integrity of the results, the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with all statutory obligations. The role will have a strong emphasis on budgetary control and involvement in strategic projects.
Major Activities & Responsibilities:
- Engagement with Dublin Area Operational Management Team at Area level to give detailed information on pay hours’ performance – in order to effect change and embed operational ownership, especially during changes.
- Monitor Area & Sales/General Administration Non-pay & Capital budget, highlight and correct areas where cuts or savings can be made. Ensure overruns and issues are escalated promptly.
- Assist the Dublin Area Operations Manager in relation to financial tasks. Also provide support, especially in relation to ad-hoc requests for information or advice on how to best generate information from the systems. Attend Dublin Area operation meetings to circulate information and train in new processes/procedures.
- Manage the Area Finance Clerks and any other staff allocated, providing mentoring and support in their roles, ensuring they have clear accountabilities and receive appropriate training both internally & externally.
- Prepare Dublin Area annual pay, Area & Sales/General Administration non-pay & Capital budget in line with central instructions. Also be a key participant in forecasting processes. Provide feedback and improvement where possible to budgeting / forecasting process.
- Compiling & controlling returns from various sources within Mails & Parcels, produce consolidated data/results and escalating issues or variances.
- Ongoing involvement in changes to organisation and systems to ensure easier transition. Participation in IT systems development, testing and training, when required.
- Ad-hoc queries and projects as required, by the Finance Director – Mails & Parcels, especially in relation to business changes. This may involve participation in teams.
- Undertake project work as Finance Lead or as Project Manager, as core part of the role.
- To effect Corporate Governance requirements and compliance within An Post by awareness of control requirements at all times.
- The person will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent). He/she will have over 5 years work experience in Performance/Financial management.
- He/she will have the ability to make informed quality decision making as a result of monitoring, analysis, challenge and debate. The person will be a flexible thinker and a strong communicator who can demonstrate the ability to simplify complex messages, and influence key stakeholders. It is essential that they can manage a team, demonstrating an ability to understand, energise and coach others.
- They will have a detailed knowledge of An Post’s Financial & Operational reporting systems, or the ability to acquire this quickly and comprehensively.
- Results Orientation
- Influencing & gaining commitment
- Technical / professional knowledge
- Problem Solving and Analysis
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Please send your CV to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line by 5.00pm sharp on Monday, 13th January 2020.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. You are welcome to read more about our Company strategy here.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.