External Regulatory Affairs Manager
About the role
The role of External Regulatory Affairs Manager is a great opportunity to join a high-performing team responsible for all regulatory matters for An Post. Reporting to the Chief Regulatory Affairs Officer, the External Regulatory Affairs Manager will support in the development and implementation of An Post’s regulatory strategy which is fully integrated with the commercial and operational requirements of the company. You will be a key member of the Regulatory Affairs team supporting a culture of compliance and innovation. In addition, you will support and develop An Post’s external engagement with Regulatory Bodies including ComReg, the European institutions, the UPU and relevant sectoral representative bodies such as the IPC & PostEurop. This position requires the ability to think big and dive deep. The successful candidate will embody a unique mix of business leadership, regulatory and public policy skills along with technical acumen. The role will evolve with the changing needs of the business and the environment.
- Provide clear, concise, timely, commercially-focused regulatory advice to all business functions on European and domestic postal matters;
- Build & maintain An Post’s relationship with ComReg on a range of postal regulatory issues;
- Build & maintain An Post’s relationship with the European institutions and Government with regard to postal regulation and engaging as necessary in relation to international and domestic policy formulation and emerging legislation and regulation;
- Forge and maintain good working relationships with regulatory specialists of leading international postal administrations to facilitate the exchange of information on best practices and their application;
- Work collaboratively with the wider Regulatory Affairs team to ensure an aligned approach in all external engagements;
- Working closely with the wider Regulatory Affairs team, ensure strong collaboration with other corporate support functions and business units to maintain a consistent approach to internal and external engagements and the implementation of An Post’s regulatory strategy.
- Lead in the preparation of briefs for the CEO/ CFO in respect of attendance at international meetings e.g. UPU, IPC, MRC, PostEurop and relevant European institutions.
- Represent An Post on external bodies and act as a spokesperson for An Post and external events and conferences.
- Monitor EU postal policy, including those on ‘horizontal’ regulations impacting on postal sector (e.g. VAT, data and consumer protection and GDPR, digital services, aviation security, road transport, ‘services of general interest’, GATS) and communicate to relevant internal business functions.
- Adhoc assignments as required from time to time by the CRAO.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
You will be educated to advanced degree level in an economics, business or legal discipline, you will have +7 years relevant experience in a regulatory/ legal environment and have a proven track-record interfacing with senior officials, senior public representatives and senior executives, domestically and at EU-level. You will have excellent commercial awareness and a sophisticated knowledge of public policy and regulatory environments & industry trends at both national & EU level. You will have the ability and desire to travel internationally, as required. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to create factual and on point messaging to relevant audiences, coupled with the ability to influence at the highest levels.
- You will have a proven track record of initiating and maintaining strategic relationships
- Excellent analytical skills – forecasting scenarios and making best practice recommendations
- Excellent Communication skills/ strong presentation skills – written and oral
- Collaborative approach
- High levels of ethical conduct, respect confidentiality and act with integrity at all times
- Commercial awareness
- Building & maintaining relationships
- Technical/professional knowledge in regulated sector
- Results driven & detail-oriented
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Send your CV to email@example.com
with the job title in the subject line to arrive no later than 5.00pm on Thursday 12 December 2019.
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business
is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities. Our Retail Business
already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy here
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion
also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.