Digital Senior Web Developer – 24 months
Reporting to the Digital and Delivery Solutions Manager this role is to support the delivery of the Digital Roadmap for An Post. An Post is currently on a major transformation journey. Core to this is the digital strategy as we transition from old world to new, providing the backbone of e-commerce in Ireland, Government services and extending our range of Financial Services with the launch on An Post Money. A dedicated Digital function has been established to create the innovative digital framework and operating model that will enable An Post to redefine existing service offerings, as well as launch new products and services in order to attract new customer segments.
With a wide and varied Digital estate of websites, apps and portals, and ever increasing reliance on our web infrastructure to support our customers, we are now looking for an experienced Senior Web Developer who can help deliver and maintain the highest quality web infrastructure, delivered to the most efficient and effective standards.
- Work with the Digital Delivery Solutions Manager, other internal stakeholders and external web development partners to help define and deliver the Digital Delivery program.
- Develop and maintain web applications using the Microsoft .NET framework and Kentico CMS platforms.
- Contribute to solution design and architecture discussions.
- Engage and collaborate with stakeholders, document and estimate requirements and solutions.
- Collaborate and build relationships with An Post internal and external development partners.
- Provide oversight to development partners to ensure consistent coding standards are maintained and documented.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives and contribute to the development of organisational processes and practices.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging web development technologies and industry trends.
You will have a minimum seven years’ experience in web development, ideally with CMS experience. You should have experience working within an agile framework. You will have the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple competing priorities. You must be able to work with flexibility and have an ability to re-prioritise as required.
- Experience in C#, .Net Core and Microsoft technology stack
- Experience working with a content management system (CMS) such as Kentico
- Knowledge of frontend frameworks e.g. React, Angular would be an advantage
- Experience working as technical lead on web development projects an advantage
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience designing back-end for Single Page Applications using C# an advantage
- Working knowledge of GitHub and Jira
- Understanding of automated CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of web applications deployed on IIS and Azure Web Apps
- Third level degree in relevant discipline
- A team player with excellent organisational skills
- Diplomatic person with strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Technical / professional knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Building and Maintaining relationships
- Communication skills
- Drive for results
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
- Hybrid Working
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 5th June 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us via the contact details at the top of this web page.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress on our website today!