Deputy Head of Financial Services, Retail (Level 2)
About the Role
An Post is focused on continuing to develop and execute its long term strategy of bringing great products and services into every community in Ireland. An Post Retail, a core part of the An Post Group, has an ambitious objective in leading the way in developing trusted Financial Services products and solutions for consumers and SMEs throughout Ireland.
Based in Dublin and reporting to the Director, Financial Services – Retail, the Deputy Head of Financial Services will drive and deliver on the strategic direction of An Post’s Financial Services business. You will lead your team to ensure that the business develops and implements a clear, integrated, innovative and forward-thinking commercial strategy which will leverage the trusted brand, reputation and reach of An Post, maximising the growth and revenue-generation potential of a sizeable and sustainable Financial Services product portfolio.
- Design, develop and lead the realisation of a trusted Financial Services product portfolio development strategy, which will meet the current and future needs of consumers and SMEs.
- Build the Financial Services product portfolio, working in partnership with market leading providers to deliver and execute An Post’s wider ambition of extending its financial services offerings throughout Ireland.
- Manage the Financial Services product portfolio full product lifecycle from ideation through development, launch, sale and consumer response.
- Ensure our Product Portfolio remains vibrant, attractive and relevant across and throughout the Irish landscape.
- Diligently monitor and evaluate market developments, key industry information and competitor activities to ensure An Post’s Financial Services products are optimised to meet the evolving needs of consumers and SMEs and to identify further opportunities for sustainable growth
- Collaboratively lead a customer-design-led lending propositions team with partners and other areas across the organisation to identify traditional and new innovation opportunities to meet and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Ensure that all An Post’s products and processes are compliant with legislation, regulation and industry best practice.
- Lead and direct the product team in relation to the annual AML Business Risk Assessment identifying key risks and implementing controls.
- Monitor, analyse and report on performance against Business Plan. Articulate the key drivers of variance and recommend corrective actions and participate across the formal governance forums.
- Lead the development of the financial planning process together with business and support units to create an integrated strategic plan for the An Post sales channels.
- Manage and oversee all 3rd party suppliers in line with An Post’s PSD2 regulatory requirements.
- Deputise for the Financial Services Director at the relevant Financial Services compliance risk fora and at industry body level. (e.g. Banking & Payments Federation and Fintech Payments Association of Ireland)
- Manage, lead and encourage Direct Reports and their teams to continuously improve the Financial Services product portfolio in operation and in life-cycle development.
- Embed a customer-centric ethos within your team.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have a minimum of 10 years’ customer centric experience across the Financial Services industry, with consumer and SME product management experience, building, delivering and growing consumer and SME portfolios in the Irish market.
You are passionate about delivering for customers, which is matched to the conveyance of the commercial needs and strategic objectives for An Post. A commercial track record in strategy, innovation, propositions and proven delivery of robust customer solutions that support the achievement of sustained profit performance is essential.
Demonstrable knowledge of customer-centred design methodologies and of the product / proposition development lifecycle from idea generation, to bringing a new product to market or enhancing existing products / propositions based on changing customer needs is evident in your experience.
A deep understanding of global and domestic consumer and SME Financial Service markets and evolving customer design led innovation is critical. You will also have a strong understanding of new and emerging technologies and their uses in consumer business models. As an accomplished leader, you are adept at motivating and developing teams, demonstrating exceptional stakeholder management capability, harvesting, fostering and maintaining quality relationships with the ability to influence at senior management level.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
- Customer Focus
- Strategic Focus
- Commercial Acumen
- Builds & Maintains Relationships
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5.00pm on Friday, 26th March 2021
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as an enduring, profitable business in the digital world.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here