Corporate Business Executive
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business
is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities.
Our Retail Business
already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services. https://www.anpost.com/About/Our-Strategy
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plays a pivotal role in An Post in order to manage and develop long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion also plays a key part in our strategy, continuously evolving to be representative of our employees and the communities in which we serve.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package, as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
About the role
In this role you will assist the Chief Executive, Chief of Staff and Company Secretary in the smooth running of the CEO office and An Post Board.
You will manage the day to day administration of the office: acknowledging correspondence, setting up meetings, drafting letters and presentations, arranging travel, CEO Diary and workflow management, managing both internal and external client meetings, organising the flow of communications and ensure that the CEO is briefed and prepared for meetings.
You will interact with Departmental and Regulatory offices on behalf of the Chief Executive and work closely with Internal Communications and Strategy Implementation Managers to support the smooth running of events and meetings.
As Corporate Business Executive you will handle customer complaints representations from public representatives directed specifically to the Chief Executive, ensuring that the appropriate responses are issued and where necessary that follow up action is taken by the relevant Business.
The ideal candidate
You will ideally be self-motivated and be able to work on your own initiative with an ability and willingness to re-prioritise work at short notice. You will have a strong focus on results and the ability to organise your own work and that of the Chief Executive.
- Flexible, reliable and capable of handling a varied workload while working in a fast paced environment.
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate courteously, confidently and effectively with individuals at all levels within and outside the Company.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, have a good understanding of the full range of Company activities and be conversant on a broad level of recent developments in the Company and its business.
- It is essential to be well presented, discreet and to have a high level of integrity in dealing with top level communications, particularly with matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
Send a detailed CV to email@example.com no later than the 7th August 2019
An Post is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome suitably
qualified applicants from all sections of the community.