Compliance Monitoring and Assurance Officer - 2 positions
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy. Our Retail Business already manages more cash than any other organisation in Ireland and we will continue to diversify and grow our financial and retail services while providing a trusted gateway to government services for our customers, both online and in person.
We aim to re-invent the post office network so every town and major village in Ireland has a modern post office, providing the financial technology services our customers need in a cashless society. We are committed to digital transformation and brand rejuvenation so we can offer customer-centred competitive services.
About the Role
The Compliance Officer is responsible for performing all Compliance monitoring, assurance and reporting requirements in relation to Retail Financial Services. The job role offers the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to contribute in a challenging role as An Post grows its presence in Retail Financial Services. The role has a direct reporting line to the Compliance Monitoring and Assurance Manager.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the development and implementation of an annual risk-based Compliance Monitoring and Assurance Plan to manage Compliance Risks.
- Assisting with the performance of the Compliance Monitoring and Assurance reviews in line with the Compliance Monitoring & Assurance Plan.
- Supporting the completion of Fitness & Probity Processes.
- Supporting the provision of independent oversight and challenge of the identification, assessment and management of Compliance Risks and Associated Controls.
- Assist with the monitoring, tracking and validating the progress on rectification of regulatory breaches and other Compliance weaknesses identified.
- Assisting with the compilation of compliance reports including relevant Management Information and Key Risk Indicators to Senior Management, Compliance governance fora, the Audit and Risk Committee and the Board.
- Assist with the maintenance and archive of required Team documentation on designated Compliance share drive.
- Supporting the Compliance Manager in attendance at Compliance workshops.
- Raise and report regulatory breaches to Compliance Monitoring & Reporting Manager as required.
- Demonstrating An Post Values and behaviours in your day to day work and addressing behaviour that supports/ conflicts with them.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have experience working in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years with a comprehensive understanding of Compliance requirements including; Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Countering the Financing of Terrorism (CFT); Consumer Protection Code and Fitness & Probity legislation and requirements. You should have relevant experience in a similar role within a Compliance Function, Risk Function or other Internal Audit Function, preferably in the financial services or insurance industries.
You will have experience working in a Three Lines of Defence (3LOD) Risk Management model with a track record of delivering high quality compliance oversight across multiple products and entities. A strong understanding of current and emerging compliance risks and practical experience of managing an effective control environment and the ability to benchmark and analyse various compliance risks is required.
Preferably you will have a relevant qualification in business, accounting, finance or risk management, in addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A proven ability to work to challenging timelines;
- The ability to understand and explain process requirements and communicate this information clearly and concisely;
- Experience of monitoring compliance with strict guidelines;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Results orientation
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organising
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 9th of March at 5.00pm.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives at here