Compensation & Benefits Manager, HR Services
Reporting to the Head of HR Services you will manage the reward portfolio including pay, benefits, reward policy, strategy and processes for An Post to ensure that the Company can attract and retain skilled employees. You will also work with a multitude of stakeholders across the business and will assist Employee Relations in responding to reward related claims from trades unions.
The principal responsibilities associated with the role include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the design, implementation and renewal of Performance Related Pay Policies to ensure that An Post can attract and retain employees with the appropriate skills and experience to enable it to meet its business objectives.
- Researching and benchmarking compensation and benefits models which will provide remuneration options to business leaders in change negotiations with unions, and ensure that An Post continues to apply the best reward practices.
- Managing and co-ordinating the implementation of the pay and benefits terms of collective agreements between An Post and trade unions representing staff.
- Supporting Employee Relations in responding to Union claims, representations and third party referrals in relation to pay and allowances.
- Arranging for job evaluations as required, including the compilation and verification of role descriptions, to support the application of market based pay rates and ensure the maintenance of appropriate internal relativities.
- Maintaining comprehensive salary and reward data to ensure the provision of timely and accurate information to external Management Consultants and other bodies through the completion of pay and benefits surveys.
- Managing the An Post Medical Scheme, including recruitment of Company Doctors, to enable delivery of professional GP care to employees in a cost effective manner.
- Setting out and communicating the value of non-pay benefits provided to staff within the organisation.
- Overseeing the implementation of tax efficient benefits such as the Travel to Work and Cycle to Work Schemes.
- Providing advice and guidance to staff and managers on compensation and benefits issues.
Knowledge & Experience
You will have a relevant third level degree with at least 10 years’ generalist HR experience, including at least 5 years’ recent experience of managing compensation and benefits issues. You will have an excellent understanding of current market compensation and remuneration initiatives.
Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think strategically and undertake detailed analyses using complex data are required. The ability to communicate effectively, presenting complex details, concepts and information at the appropriate level relative to the audience is key. You will have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities and be adept at building and maintaining excellent relationships across multiple business functions and with external partners.
(The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:)
About the Benefits
- Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strategic Focus
- Results Orientation
- Influencing & Gaining Commitment
- Decision Making & Judgement
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com by 5.00pm on Wednesday 14th of October 2020.
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives here!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as a sustainable, profitable business in the digital world.