Cloud Team Lead, An Post GTS
An Post GTS Service Delivery has a requirement for a Cloud Team Lead to join our growing team based in Dublin. The Cloud Infrastructure Team Lead responsibility is to plan, design, implement and maintain a wide variety of private and public cloud solutions and infrastructure. As a Team Leader, you will have experience of working in an agile team, cooperating closely with the Project Management, GTS Leaders to schedule and resource development and support efforts.
The team is supporting services and delivering to the requirements of our Digital Transformation programme and the overall Vision & Digital Strategy of the GTS. As part of the Platform Technologies team this role holder will also provide ITSM focus and support to the local team.
- Lead the Cloud Infrastructure support team
- Manages service delivery to customer(s) in order to deliver contracted service commitments & continual service improvements
- In conjunction with the business identifies & defines requirements for new cloud services. Ensures such cloud services are professionally introduced & accepted into service
- Proactively manages internal and external suppliers in a service partnership as ‘one service team’
- Responsible for Services: Directory Services, SaaS Products and other Infrastructure supporting applications
- Provide hands-on technical expertise in technologies and services supported by the team
- Cooperating closely with the project owners to schedule and resource the delivery of requirements of our partners and the overall vision of GTS department
- Ensure that technology salutation is fit-for purpose and aligned with architectural principles, standards and roadmaps through working with the Enterprise Architecture team
- Provide best value advice and recommendations to support the selection and procurement services and products
- Participate in the annual budget requirements of GTS Service Delivery
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder is required to perform other duties assigned by their manager from time-to-time, as may be reasonably required of them.
- Responsible for technical design and implementation of Infrastructure Services together with the Architecture function.
Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems, or equivalent work experience within an IT function and validated experience of leading a technical delivery team in a demanding fast paced 24/7 environment. Adept at issue resolution, with a demonstrable ability to negotiate, navigate, and communicate during situations of differing opinion, ensuring that GTS’s interests are maintained. Good communication skills, and ability to talk to both internal and external parties and a sound knowledge of market standard processes and tools to support Disaster Recovery and Supplier and Vendor Management is key.
The ability to make clear, concise, and data-backed decisions and a willingness to experiment with new equipment and new ideas and to both promote and maintain a sense of humour is required. You will be a standout colleague who understands that customer service comes above all else. A natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better and who is flexible and open to changing priorities and running multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.
Critical Competencies: (The following competencies are critical to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role)
- Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Communications Skills
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- An Post Pension Scheme
- PRIP Bonus Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Employee Assistance Programme
- Digital gym with daily scheduled workouts
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
- Hybrid Working
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 5th June 2023.
At An Post we appreciate the value that diversity brings and believe our workforce should be reflective of the customers and communities we serve. That is why we actively welcome applications from people from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on gender, age, race, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, membership of the Travelling community, or family status. An Post is committed to having an inclusive workplace where every employee feels they belong. If you require accommodations to be made during the recruitment process, or have questions relating to accessibility, please contact us via the contact details at the top of this web page.
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well as being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do. Corporate Social Responsibility plays a pivotal role at An Post as we focus on developing long-term sustainability. Diversity and Inclusion are also embedded in our strategy, as we continuously evolve to be representative of our employees and the communities we serve. Read more about our strategy and our progress on our website today!