Cloud Application / DevOps Manager
An Post Group Technology Solutions (GTS) has responsibility across all An Post business directorates for ensuring that business services chosen by An Post can be successfully executed and efficiently operated through the use of appropriate Information Technology. Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery, you will have responsibility for the leading, developing and maintenance of An Post’s new cloud application /Dev Ops team and related technologies.
- Design and implementation of production and corporate serving architectures in local hosting and Azure environments.
- Support, build and release processes for multiple solution layers including front-end (Mobile and Web), API, Micro services and Database across all environments.
- In charge of the full life cycle of IT Cloud Applications /web problems and incident management with on call and production support responsibility for applications.
- Coordinate, guide and supervise team members’ performance to ensure continuous innovation.
- Responsibility for Web site and cloud application security audits and information security controls.
- Collaborating closely with internal partners and providers as the main technical contact regarding all cloud application, Azure PAAS, SAAS and Network related issues.
- Day-to-day management of cloud application; including DevOps architecture, web site, CMS, system administration; Security and Account Management.
- Acting as a Technical hand on leader and contributor, ensuring the delivery of all required projects.
- Continuous evaluation and auditing of the web and DevOps environment and pro-actively introducing areas for optimisation.
- Collaborate with Platform and project stakeholders to support roadmaps including on-premises and cloud architectures using Azure.
- Automate and improve processes across the environments.
- Support the architecture /operations teams in growing and maintaining with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, Traceroute, Wireshark, cURL and/or related).
- Infrastructure as code / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.
Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will have a degree in Computer science or equivalent and at least 5 years’ experience in software development and of maintaining on-premises and/or cloud infrastructures, websites or in a DevOps-related role. Experience with CI/CD (Azure DevOps) integrating with either on-premises or cloud-based platforms and with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, LAN/WAN, Traceroute, Wireshark, cURL and/or related) is key. Exposure to IaaC, Paas and hands experience with application and database deployment concepts is required.
You will also have a proven understanding of existing and emerging technologies including infrastructure hardening (cloud and on-premises) and improving the SDLC, logging and monitoring software and to modern application packaging, deployment, containerization, and other supporting tools (SNOW, Jira, Confluence, etc.). A validated knowledge of automating processes/code in Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell, or another modern language is essential.
Knowledge of industry standards such as ISO 27001 and PCI DSS is advantageous. As an accomplished leader, you are adept at motivating and developing teams, demonstrating exceptional stakeholder management capability, harvesting, fostering and maintaining quality relationships.
The following competencies are essential to the delivery of results and/or to superior performance in this role:
- Attention to detail
- Decision making & judgement
- Influencing and gaining commitment
- Technical & professional knowledge
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package we offer access to the following:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- Secure on-site bicycle parking & Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location
How to Apply?
We welcome all interested candidates to submit a detailed CV to email@example.com
by 03rd January, 2021
An Post is an equal opportunity employer, celebrating diversity and championing inclusivity. If you require any reasonable accommodations to assist you in participating in the employee selection process, please simply let us know. We heartily encourage all interested parties to apply!
About An Post
An Post is one of Ireland’s leading organisations, offering financial and postal services as well being a trusted gateway to government services. We are transforming from the old world of traditional letters and cash to the new digital world of e-commerce parcels and financial services. The An Post Corporate Centre supports and drives the bold strategic moves we’re taking as an enduring, profitable business in the digital world.
An Post’s core purpose — to act for the common good, improving the lives of people in Ireland, now and for generations to come — is aligned with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, putting sustainability at the centre of everything we do.
We are committed to digital transformation enabling us to build customer-centred competitive services. Read more about our strategy as well as our CSR, sustainability and equality initiatives.