Business Process Management – Programme Manager, Mails and Parcels
Reporting to: Business Process Re-Engineering Director
To lead the establishment, ongoing development and management of a Business Process Management support service.
The BPM Programme Manager will initially be involved in the selection and management of external BPM consultants who will assist with the design and building of a suitable BPM structure for An Post in line with best practice. Following the departure of the consultants on completion of the initial phase work, the Programme Manager’s responsibilities will include sustaining and expanding the BPM process throughout the organisation, ensuring appropriate governance, project selection, and monitoring and reporting of progress against targets.
- Help identify BPM projects by addressing organisational pain points and leveraging the opportunities to improve systems and processes.
- Develop collaborative relationships with key Business users to deliver reliable, supportable value adding business solutions.
- Ensure that projects deliver the required business outcomes to the required level of quality, within budget and on time.
- Assist project managers in producing project briefs, monthly updates, close out report etc., and ensure that all documentation is received in a timely manner.
- Monitor and report on progress with the implementation of BPM programme at required weekly and monthly intervals.
- Project manage specific BPM work-streams, as required.
- Act as the key link with approved external BPM Consultants, where necessary to support the programme, co-ordinate their activity and monitor their performance.
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching on BPM, as well as ensuring her/his own learning and development as well as that of BPM & BPR colleagues.
- Advocate and actively demonstrate An Post core values and behaviours.
The BPM Programme Manager is expert in BPM, an effective leader, problem solver, committed to using BPM to improve the productivity and competitiveness of the organisation through better systems, processes, tools and thinking.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, proactive and results-oriented. This individual has a unique blend of business knowledge, BPM skills, project management skills, and technical / professional knowledge.
The post holder will hold a relevant post-graduate degree (and ideally an MBA or top-level Executive Programme), with a minimum of five years’ relevant work experience. She/he will be Lean Six Sigma trained, with a proven track record of accomplishments through working in a strong BPI/BPM environment. She/he will have exceptionally high intellect combined with a collaborative and sensitive work manner, and be able to demonstrated application of best-in-class professional standards. She/he should have the following attributes:
- Ability to work on own initiative within overall guidelines
- A flexible approach to working to ensure achievement of objectives
- A team player with excellent organisational skills
- The use of organised and logical thought processes
- Ability to adapt to change
- Diplomatic person with strong influencing and interpersonal skills
- Technical/Professional skills
- Strategic focus
- Project management
- Relationship management / impact and influence
- Communication skills
- Drive for results
Send detailed CV to email@example.com
or by post to
HR Services Unit
Block 2D, GPO
O’Connell Street Lower
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is Friday 29 of March.