Business Performance Analyst - 18 month assignment
About An Post
An Post has successfully restructured the company into two world-class businesses, An Post Mails & Parcels and An Post Retail, each with its own management team and long-term strategy.
The Mails & Parcels Business
is rapidly growing its eCommerce and mail marketing businesses, offsetting declining mail volumes, while still delivering the highest quality postal service to every home and business in Ireland. The business plays a fundamental role in Irish economic life as the backbone of eCommerce, making sure that communities across Ireland have the same access to goods as in major world cities. https://www.anpost.com/About/Our-Strategy
About the role
Reporting to the Business Support Project Manager, the Business Performance Analyst will provide support by identifying the root cause of service issues and driving improvements in performance/compliance. You will achieve this by analysing large data sets, identifying performance problems/emerging problems, providing insight and driving pre-emptive action to rectify service failures.
Location – Dublin and Waterford.
- Preparation, analysis and presentation of key business metrics to Mails & Parcels Operations and Commercial management.
- Analyse big datasets to produce new insight into our business/performance.
- Run daily/weekly/monthly reports based on Operations and Commercial concerns and provide feedback.
- Identify trends and performance gaps in general Quality of Service Mobile Scanning by Delivery Service Unit.
- Identify trends and performance gaps in Mail Centre (Hub) scanning compliance in middle mile performance.
- Internal ad hoc Mails & Parcels metrics arising out of planning meetings/reviews.
- Identifying corrupt data.
- Working collaboratively with your Operational and Commercial colleagues to understand emerging data metrics for success focusing on scanning compliance and performance.
- Data mining and data modelling - collation of key metrics to create models and trend reporting.
- Provide cross-functional analytics reporting support.
- Management of team member(s).
Knowledge & Experience
The role will suit applicants with 3+ years’ experience working in a Business Analyst role. You will hold a (Level 8) Business /Data Analytics Degree (or similar discipline). You will possess the skills to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information, to produce new insight into our business while ensuring exceptional attention to detail and accuracy are achieved. You will have the interpersonal skills to build/maintain excellent relationships across multiple business functions, and excellent time management skills and prioritisation ability. Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are required as well as knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical software packages for data analysis, data modelling, data mining and segmentation techniques. You will be adept at writing queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages such as Oracle BI Answers, databases (Oracle, MS Access), programming skills (XML, VBA, SQL, python, awareness of APIs etc.) is desirable.
- A methodical and logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to observe (based on site visits) and learn how an operational environment can be examined statistically.
- An understanding of how data will roll-up to weekly, monthly, quarterly etc. reports.
- The ability to plan, work and meet tight deadlines in a changing business environment.
- Technical / professional knowledge
- Problem solving & analysis
- Decision making/ judgement
- Results orientation
Full clean driving licence is required.
About the Benefits
In addition to a highly competitive remuneration package as an An Post employee you will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
- An Post Company Medical Scheme
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Paternity Leave
- An Post Pension Scheme
- On site gym, fitness classes and shower facilities
- Secure on-site bicycle parking
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tax Saver Travel Pass
- City centre location in walking distance to all major transport services
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the job title in the subject line to arrive no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 19 November 2019.