An Post Launches New “Click & Post” Online Parcel Service
14 November 2019
A new digital service helping customers to send gifts and parcels this Christmas
An Post has today launched its Click & Post online sending & online returns service. The new digital service is a quick and easy way to buy postage online, whether posting a single parcel, sending lots of packages, or returning unwanted purchases. Click and Post allows customers to print off a label at home or download it directly to their phone for printing at the post office, then simply drop off their item at any post office or parcel locker.
The launch of Click & Post also marks a parcel price reduction for sending to the UK and Ireland, with prices reduced as much as 30% to the UK when sending larger items, making it easier and cost effective to Send Love this Christmas and all year round.
Click & Post eliminates the stress of posting small and large packages all over the world with its fool proof step by step guide to help users calculate their postage costs. The handy weight guide will help users match everyday household items with weight bands.
- Two litres of milk is the guide for a 2kg package
- If you’re finding it hard to gauge 150g, look no further than your smartphone
- A can of soda weighs 390g which is the same as a man’s woollen scarf or a shirt
- A bottle of wine weighs 1.25kg (remember that liquids do not make the cut for international postage!) this is about the same as a large hardback book
- A small jar of jam weighs 340g and is about the same as a pair of ladies’ slippers.
As well as the weight guide, An Post also has some top tips for packing and preparing parcels to ensure that your package gets to its destination safely and without delay. A return address in the top left-hand corner is essential on every parcel and is even more important at Christmas time, so that if for some reason your parcel can’t be delivered, An Post can get it back to you safely. Some other tips, which may seem obvious but are often forgotten include:
- Remember to use proper packing tape – and watch those sharp edges, best wrap any pointy items in a layer tissue paper and use extra tape on the corners.
- Always use block capitals when handwriting addresses this festive season
An Post Click & Post also makes returning online shopping even faster and easier. With the new service, users can book a return and choose to have their item collected or drop it off at their local post office or parcel locker, all through the online portal.
Speaking about the An Post Click & Post service, Garrett Bridgeman, Managing Director, An Post Mails and Parcels said, “An Post’s Click & Post is a new online service, designed to meet the needs of customers’ daily lives. It is an incredibly user-friendly service that makes posting and returning packages even easier for our customers. We know that this new online option will relieve a little bit of stress for our personal and small business customers, giving them some valuable time back, especially in the busy weeks ahead.”
Find out more about Posting for Your World with An Post Click & Post